Too many lives have already been troubled by the abuse and neglect that occurs in nursing homes, assisted living communities, group homes, and rehabilitation centers for senior citizens. Statistics show that every year, elder abuse in long-term care facilities causes tens of thousands of preventable deaths and injuries, and the actual figures are estimated to be even higher due to underreporting.
When so many of our vulnerable senior citizens are suffering through abuse and neglect each year many at the very facilities which are supposed to provide protection and care it is time to take action through aggressive legal advocacy. Brent Wieand offers a powerful voice to seniors who have been victimized by neglect and abuse in care centers. We fight aggressively to send a clear message that nursing home negligence will not be tolerated, and that facilities that violate their residents’ legal rights will be held accountable.
Our goal is to seek justice and secure compensation for each client we proudly represent.
Types of Cases Our Nursing Home Abuse Law Firm Handles
Brent Wieand’s legal career as a personal injury lawyer and wrongful death attorney has shown firsthand the profound dangers faced daily by institutionalized senior citizens. We have personally witnessed the numerous forms that nursing home abuse and neglect can take and the terrible scars that are so often left behind.
We handle a wide array of cases with the goal of providing quality legal service for as many seniors as possible, without ever sacrificing the attention, care, or focus we devote to each case. Types of nursing home neglect and abuse cases we handle include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nursing Home Back Injuries
- Nursing Home Bed Sores (Pressure Sores/Pressure Ulcers/Decubitus Ulcers)
- Nursing Home Broken Bones
- Nursing Home Burn Injuries
- Nursing Home Cuts and Bruises (Lacerations and Contusions)
- Nursing Home Dehydration
- Nursing Home Diabetes Amputations
- Nursing Home Fall Injuries
- Nursing Home Financial Exploitation
- Nursing Home Head Injuries
- Nursing Home Hip Injuries
- Nursing Home Infections
- Nursing Home Knee Injuries
- Nursing Home Malnutrition/Malnourishment/Starvation
- Nursing Home Medication Errors
- Nursing Home Overmedication
- Nursing Home Pelvic Fractures (Broken Hips)
- Nursing Home Pneumonia
- Nursing Home Scald Injuries
- Nursing Home Seizures
- Nursing Home Sexual Abuse
- Nursing Home Shoulder Injuries
- Nursing Home Slip and Fall Accidents
- Nursing Home Soft Tissue Injuries (Sprains/Strains)
- Nursing Home Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Nursing Home Torn Ligaments
- Nursing Home Torn Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Nursing Home Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Nursing Home Wrongful Death
Whether we are utilizing our resources to investigate a suspected instance of abuse or neglect, negotiating a settlement agreement outside of court, or trying a case before a jury, our nursing home abuse lawyers are committed to helping plaintiffs exercise their legal rights to the fullest extent of the law. No matter which legal strategy we pursue, our nursing home abuse attorneys carefully investigate your claim and work strategically to obtain a maximum financial recovery.
We know that learning of nursing home abuse or neglect is a terrible and disorienting shock for the victim’s loved ones, and try to ease the pain by offering a caring and compassionate shoulder to lean on. We also know that the victims of elder abuse need justice in order to heal and gain a sense of closure, which is why take a highly aggressive and proactive approach to the matter at hand.
We are unafraid to push hard on defendants, and are always prepared for litigation if that is what serves our client’s best interests. No matter how complicated or overwhelming your case may feel right now, you can count on us to answer all of your questions, guide you gently through the legal process, and fight tirelessly on your family’s behalf.
Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys for Seniors
Our nursing home abuse and neglect attorneys handle cases involving:
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Group Homes for Senior Citizens (Residential Care Homes)
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Centers
No matter where your elderly spouse or family member’s injury occurred, rely on our devoted, innovative, and accomplished elder abuse lawyers to provide personalized assistance at every stage of your case. We will sit down with you to explain the information about your case in a clear, honest, and straightforward fashion, including your legal rights, your responsibilities as a plaintiff, and potential obstacles that may arise going forward.
Your family has already suffered through so much. Brent Wieand can lighten your burden by taking care of the legal work for you. If your family member was injured or killed by negligent nursing home care, let us help you investigate the incident and seek justice and compensation for you or your loved one.